- Fast – Results back in as little as 24 hours
- Safe – Support and guidance from our team of experts
- No registration or set up fees
Cost – £43.00
What is a Basic DBS Check?
A Basic DBS (formerly CRB) check is now processed by the Disclosure and Barring Service and was previously processed by Disclosure Scotland. The check searches the applicants’ criminal history for any unspent cautions, warnings, reprimands and convictions.
How long do Basic DBS Checks take to process?
Basic DBS checks tend to come back within 3-5 working days.
Who can apply for a Basic DBS Check?
Basic DBS checks can be applied for by anyone wanting a DBS check for themselves as an individual. There are no restrictions on industry or sector and this should be a vital part of organisations vetting and recruitment processes. The application must be completed by the person the check is for. You cannot apply for or on behalf of someone else.
Individuals can apply directly via OnlineDBS for employment or personal interest.
If you are an individual and wish to apply for a higher level of check, unfortunately you cannot do this directly through an umbrella company. You will need a company (usually your employer) or organisation to apply on your behalf.
What are the benefits of a Basic DBS check?
The benefits of individuals having a disclosure check are:
- Make yourself more employable by having a Basic DBS;
- Increase trust;
- See if a conviction is ‘Spent’ or still ‘Unspent’;
- Sometimes a requirement for job role;
- To go alongside a Visa application;
- Applying for a personal licence.