Basic DBS (CRB) Checks – For Employers
- Fast – Results back in as little as 24 hours
- Safe – Support and guidance from our team of experts
- No registration or set up fees
Cost – £36.64
What is a Basic DBS Check?
A Basic DBS check is now processed by the Disclosure and Barring Service and was previously processed by Disclosure Scotland. The check searches the applicants’ criminal history for any unspent cautions, warnings, reprimands and convictions.
How long will a basic DBS check take to process?
Basic DBS checks tend to come back within 3-5 working days.
Who can apply for a Basic Criminal Record Check?
Basic DBS checks can be applied for by any one wanting a DBS check for themselves. There are no restrictions on industry or sector and should be a vital part of organisations vetting and recruitment processes. The application must be completed by the person the check is for. You cannot apply for someone else.
Individuals can apply directly through us for employment or personal interest.
Employers can send applicants links through their secure portal for the applicant to complete the application form. The employer will need to complete the ID checks and the OnlineDBS team will do the rest.
What are the benefits of a Basic DBS check?
The benefits of employees having a Basic DBS checks are:
- Organisations can make safer recruitment decisions;
- Gives peace of mind to customers/users of the organisation to know the staff are vetted to high standards;
- Completing Basic DBS on employees or volunteers will reduce risk levels within your organisation;
- Increased trust in organisation and brand.