Standard DBS (CRB) Checks
Who can apply for a standard criminal record check?
This level of check is only available for employers to obtain on behalf of their employees with their consent, in order to make suitability decisions.
Individuals must apply for this level of check through an employer or contractor only. If you are self-employed, you are unable to apply for a Standard DBS Check directly – you will need to apply through an association or organisation that uses your services.
Standard DBS checks are only available for people working in a role that is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975.
Here are some examples of occupations that will require a standard disclosure (DBS check):
What are the benefits of having a Standard DBS?
The benefits of employees having a Standard DBS Check are:
- Ability to make safer recruitment decisions and vet staff to a high standard
- Gives peace of mind to organisations’ stakeholders
- Reduce risk levels within your organisation
- Increase staff retention and decrease turnover, saving time and money on your recruitment process
- Increased trust in your brand/organisation
- Standard DBS certificates can be signed up to the DBS Update Service (will open in a new tab) and can be transferred between job roles as long as the level of check conducted meets the new job role’s requirements
How long will a Standard DBS check take to process?
Apply for your Standard DBS Check online and it will fast track the process of completion compared with applying via a paper application. Typically, Standard DBS Checks are completed within 48 hours.
OnlineDBS features in the Insider
Insider magazine has recently published a feature about some of Wales’ leading businesses and their plans for 2021. With our Head Office in Cardiff, we provided some insight into our…
Our Christmas Food Bank Match Appeal
In response to the increased need for food bank donations across the country, the New Directions group of companies, which OnlineDBS is part of, introduced its Christmas Food Bank Match…