Basic DBS (CRB) Checks –
What are the benefits of an Basic DBS check?
The benefits of an individual having a basic disclosure check are:
- Make yourself more employable by pro-actively having a Basic DBS
- Peace of mind for a potential employer
- Find out if a conviction is ‘Spent’ or still ‘Unspent’
- Meet the requirements for a job role if requested by the employer
- Supplement a Visa application
- Support applying for a personal licence
Who can apply for a Basic DBS Check?
Basic DBS checks can be applied for by anyone wanting a DBS check for themselves as an individual. There are no restrictions on industry or sector and this should be a vital part of organisations vetting and recruitment processes. The application must be completed by the person the check is for. You cannot apply for or on behalf of someone else.
If you are an individual and wish to apply for a higher level of check you will need a company (usually your employer) or organisation to apply on your behalf.
How to spot a fraudulent DBS provider
Sadly, over the last year, OnlineDBS have seen a dramatic increase in the number of applicants contacting us who have been misled by fraudulent DBS providers. Unfortunately, as the demand…
Our new vetting services and how they can enhance your recruitment process
To further meet our clients’ needs, we have introduced a range of vetting services. These services provide a robust and comprehensive screening process, to minimise the risks to your business.…